- Spirits of the Sun February 8, 2022
- This website has been inactivate since 2017. However the information and posts are still available for reference. Sadly, the Philippines continues to suffer from a ‘pollination crisis’ which is severely damaging agriculture, the economy, and society. February 1, 2022
- Fake honey still sold in major supermarkets October 28, 2016
- CEM ‘honey’ is still sold in some shops illegally July 23, 2016
- Advisory notice against CEM products by FDA July 14, 2016
- Food & Drugs Administration performance June 11, 2016
- Fraudulent honey by Cem – who still supply the nation’s supermarkets! April 28, 2016
- Progress on supermarket fraudulent honey April 5, 2016
- FDA still investigating fraudulent honey in supermarkets! March 27, 2016
- CEM criminal ‘honey’ in supermarkets March 2, 2016
- lyd on Honey fraud
- Don Miller on Pollination in the Philippines
- Dido Miranda on Spirits of the Sun
- What Plants Do Bees Pollinate? | Pollination Education on Coffee yields
- What Plants Do Bees Pollinate? | Pollination Education on Honey hunting
- Philip on Coconut yields
- Linden Stewart on Coconut yields
- Gabriel Nuez on Stingless bees (Kiwot)
- Emman on Apis cerana honeybees (Ligwan)
- Don B. Tio on Stingless bees (Kiwot)
Author Archives: Julian Wright
Spirits of the Sun
For millennia, tribal cultures have had an important relationship with bees. Under the pen name of Sydney Philippe, I have written a novel called Spirits of the Sun, which includes ‘honey-hunting’ and many other dramatic events. Click here to visit my … Continue reading
Posted in General posts 1 Comment
This website has been inactivate since 2017. However the information and posts are still available for reference. Sadly, the Philippines continues to suffer from a ‘pollination crisis’ which is severely damaging agriculture, the economy, and society.
Posted in General posts Leave a comment
Fake honey still sold in major supermarkets
There are plenty of supermarkets still peddling CEM fake honey even many months after it became illegal. Robinsons Supermarket criminal activity Lees Supermarket criminal activity (vast quantities of illegal stock) SM Supermarkets and others are still trading in illegal fake … Continue reading
CEM ‘honey’ is still sold in some shops illegally
If your local shop or supermarket is still illegally trading in CEM products then please read the attached pdf. FDA Advisory No. 2016-073 The outlet should be reported to the FDA at: firstname.lastname@example.org or the FDA can be informed … Continue reading
Advisory notice against CEM products by FDA
The FDA has issued a Public Health Warning advisory notice against CEM ‘honey’ products http://www.fda.gov.ph/advisories-2/food-2/347561-fda-advisory-no-2016-073-public-health-warning-against-the-use-and-consumption-of-the-unregistered-cem-s-honey-being-distributed-or-sold-in-the-market
Posted in Honey fraud 4 Comments
Food & Drugs Administration performance
The Philippine FDA are paid by the citizens to protect them from unsafe food products. However, they have so far failed to tackle the crime of fraudulent honey in the nation’s supermarkets. The FDA have been given clear and ample … Continue reading
Fraudulent honey by Cem – who still supply the nation’s supermarkets!
Being in the food business, I did contact Cem 4 years ago, as I wanted to buy samples. They did agree and went to their “office” or “warehouse” in Mandaluyong. The place was almost impossible to find, no street number … Continue reading
Posted in General posts 1 Comment
Progress on supermarket fraudulent honey
Good news: Some progress is being made to protect the Philippine public from the honey fraudsters using supermarkets as outlets. Bad news: It is taking a long time and so persistence is needed.
FDA still investigating fraudulent honey in supermarkets!
The FDA is aware that there is a problem with the fraudulent honey on the shelves. No communication is coming from the FDA to explain why no action has yet been taken to protect the public from this crime.
CEM criminal ‘honey’ in supermarkets
CEM has no Licence To Operate yet the supermarkets are still flooded with their fraudulent ‘honey’! This is the SM store in Bacolod today, 1st March 2016 – after the CEM LTO ran out on 20th Jan 2016 !! It … Continue reading
CEM ‘honey’ should now disappear from the supermarkets
It appears the FDA have not renewed the Licence To Operate for Cem’s General Merchandising company (awaiting confirmation). Without a trading permit it should now be illegal for Cem’s fraudulent ‘honey’ products to be sold to the nation’s supermarkets. (Probably, the existing stock in … Continue reading
Posted in Honey fraud 2 Comments
Registered office of CEM’s General Merchandising !
Here is CEM’s registered office! With no company sign (except MUSCLE WORLD !) this is the office of the Philippine nation’s largest ‘honey’ supplier. 82 DOMINGO, M. GUEVARRA ST., MANDALUYONG CITY, MANILA This is the location given the food trading permit … Continue reading
FDA Honey Fraud is one year old !
Copy of email to the Philippine FDA Dear Honey Fraud team, Despite clear and ‘obvious’ evidence of fraud in the Philippine supermarket trade, the FDA has so far not acted to protect the public after such a prolonged period. The … Continue reading
Honey Fraud still permitted by FDA
CEM have not responded to the clear accusation of Honey Fraud. If CEM’s operation was legitimately supplying genuine honey, then surely they might bother to reply. Therefore people are left to draw their own conclusions. Below is the FDA permit allowing CEM to continue … Continue reading
Request to the CEM company
FAO: CEM General Merchandising Company Mandaluyong City, Philippines For many years CEM has been the Philippines largest supplier of ‘honey’ to the nations supermarkets. However, the CEM company is well aware that a great many people do not believe that … Continue reading